Musical MIDI Accompaniment
MMA and Windows
MMA was originally written “just for Linux”. However, due to the magic of Python, it's pretty easy to run on other platforms.
To help, Michael Mlivoncic has kindly prepared this Windows Installation Guide which should make it easy to get going on various Windows flavors.
David Asorey Álvarez has a package ready to install at http://winmma.sourceforge.net/. Sadly, David's been busy with other projects and hasn't had time to maintain this so the version is very out-of-date. Any volunteers to maintain it? Please contact me!
Our good friend Kara has been playing with a portable solution using “Portable Python”. Here's the scoop:
- Get yourself a nice USB drive or pen stick,
- Download portable python from http://portablepython.com/,
- Install portable on your USB drive/stick,
- Download and install (or copy from your existing) MMA to the same device as portable python. Use the “tar.gz” distribution for this,
- Make a batch file mma.bat (in the directory from MMA) containing the following two lines:
- Device letter:\portable python dir\app\python mma.py %1 %2 %3 %5 %6
|This page "windows.html" was last modified on Thu Apr 27 11:23:36 2017|